“Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men.” Please add italicized emphasis on ‘right in the sight of all men’
The question has undeniably arisen today about where the church of Jesus Christ should be– in the purest and most complete sense of the word- particularly in light of what is happening in America right now. Since the Left is screaming Woke! Woke! at every opportunity- while many in the church are still wondering what’s going on- I have come to believe that God is allowing this counterfeit of Satan so that He can now scream Wake up! Wake up! to His Son’s bride.
I personally can no longer be silent on this issue and forthrightly declare that I am proud to both be a Christian and an American! In this regard I make no claims of ‘perfection’ nor do I believe America is ‘perfect’. We are not living in Heaven now- we are living in a sin-cursed world that is literally a battlefield, one becoming more and more hotly contested between the forces of good and evil. And most assuredly we are not living in the Millennium that the Bible describes where ‘the wolf will lie down with the lamb’ (Is 11:6,ff. and chapter 65), where men have ‘beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks and man shall not study war anymore’ (Isaiah 2:4). That blessed era will only be inaugurated when the Lord Jesus returns in blazing glory over Bozrah (Isaiah 63:1-2), the capital of Teman (Habbk 3:3,ff.) and eventually prior to standing on the Mount of Olives will annihilate all opposition against Him (Zech 12-14, Rev 19) set up a Sabbath rest of 1,000 years for the earth, headquartered out of Jerusalem. Multiplied dozens of verses testify to this and I have diminished respect for any pastor or Bible expositor who skips over this period and patronizes his sheep with something like Jesus will take us all away one day up into Heaven, but no man knows the hour! Knowing eschatology- the study of end-time events- is not necessary for salvation any more than any other ‘work’ a person should think to do to get into Heaven. In fact, the following verses make it abundantly clear how salvation is attained- which is entirely based on Jesus’ completed work at the cross and our accepting and receiving this work on our behalf- see John 3:16-17, 5:24, 6:37,17:3,20;31, I John 5:11-12, Eph.2:8-9, Rom 3:23-4, 6:23, 8:1, etc. More than ever though, it seems we are fast approaching the edge of the Great Tribulation, that 7-year period the Bible describes as the most unbearable time for multitudes worldwide as some 70-90% of the world’s population is destroyed (Rev 5-18). This is ‘Daniel’s 70th week’ (Dan 9:24-27), the’ time of Jacob’s Trouble’ (Jer 30:7, Matt 24:15-31) the culmination of the the ‘Great Controversy that God has with all the nations’ (Jer 25:31). Christ’s Millennial reign immediately follows this most gruesome time of human history. Despite having said all this though, I am tremendously optimistic at this point of our time on earth in 21st century America, and I’ll explain why before the end of this article.
I think there are some things we as believers in our Glorious Lord Jesus Christ are not taking into account. (And if you are not a Christian and reading this I welcome you with open arms and to hang in there, and let’s see if I can answer your questions both through this article and possibly also your emailing me further.)
We are warned over and over again in Scripture that ‘God is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him’ (Hebr 11:6), ‘show yourself a worker approved, rightly dividing the Word of Truth’ (2 Tim 2:15). Furthermore, Job tells us ‘sound wisdom has two sides (Job 5:11), ‘the one who fears God will avoid all extremes’ (Eccl 7:16-20), but first let’s take a look at something you no doubt have either encountered or may actually been a proponent of- I will call this the ‘Not of this world’ viewpoint.
Religion and politics have often been regarded as strange bedfellows – many now- even pastors will say things like Jesus isn’t interested in politics or, When Jesus was here His disciples asked Him if He was going to overthrow the Romans and establish Israel in the Millennial Kingdom, and Jesus told them He ‘had bigger fish to fry’. And again I have heard, The Christians in Rome were simply preaching the Gospel though slavery was the norm and Caesar was impaling children’s heads on poles!; as well as No man can save us so there’s no need to bring up politics in this church, etc, etc. We are often told to ‘obey the authorities’ – after all don’t you know Romans 13? Jesus said “turn the other cheek”, “those who live by the sword will die by the sword”, “render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s” and so forth and so on. The prevailing thought is something like ‘Clearly you don’t think we should fight for America, should we?’ In fact the Rapture is probably right around the corner!’
Observation has shown that most of the last decade or two has been nothing less than an all out assault upon our country and our Judeo-Christian ideals. Our country and its foundation is now regarded as something racist, imperialistic, capitalistic, Victorian, Eurocentric, iconoclastic, etc. True patriots in general and Trump and his 75+ million ‘deplorables’ have been vilified, denigrated, censored, marginalized, and abhorred by the mainstream media, Hollywood, Marxist teachers, so-called social media ‘fact checkers’ and the list goes on. Although a portion of this criticism might legitimately be warranted (in fact I had not known how devastating the daily atomic bomb ‘tests’ were to the natives of the Marshall Islands until a Taiwanese immigrant and his wife pointed this shocking info out to me), as I said America is not heaven on earth and sinners still run rampant here and occupy some of our highest offices, and even moreso now despite our voting otherwise. However, I would still argue as a host of those I admire do- Thomas Sowell, Candace Owens, Charlie Kirk, Dennis Prager, Tucker Carlson, Dan Bongino and most recently, Steve Hilton- to name a few- that what we have in America has far exceeded what the rest of the world has. As totally ‘screwed up’ as we are at this moment in our history- going on $30 trillion in debt, AWOL president and vice-president, military in WOKE disarray as is our educational system, vaccine passports demanded by those ‘in authority’, etc.- people are still rushing over our southern border by the tens of thousands hoping for something better than what they had in their countries.
So let’s get to the real issue and why I believe we are in the mess we are in and how we best rectify the situation. We have been on a slide– a long and terrible one (sorry if you insist the ‘slippery slope’ argument is inapplicable- I assure you it certainly is valid at times and most certainly here) ever since we removed the Bible and prayer from our schools in 1962-63… even as a 5-year old at the time I felt that these moves were somehow wrong. Then there was the Johnson Amendment (501c, 3) that forced a divide between church and state in 1965, which basically told pastors to ‘shut up’ about political things if they wanted a tax-exempt status, something I am sure had our Founding Fathers turning over in their graves! This further set the scene for the hippy movement and the sexual revolution (late ‘60s), on-demand abortion (1973), ignorance of and disrespect for our Judeo-Christian values and Founding Fathers (mid-late 70s) , greater and greater place for the teaching of evolution as fact in our classrooms, open acceptance of homosexuality and other perversions now embodied in the LGBTQ… movement- and more recently the demanding of a place for transgenderism. And on it goes. It has led to many of our Hollywood elite, big corporations, pro sports, the NEA and even our own government and military selling out their souls for both money, power and fame.
HOW, WHY is all this happening you ask?! Well there’s a lot involved to be sure, but the simple answer is two-fold: I believe it is because the church as a whole went to sleep (perfectly described by Christ to the church of Sardis, (Rev 3:1-6) and became complacent and self-sufficient- appropriately addressed by Him regarding the church of Laodicea, (Rev 3:14-22). When the Church of Jesus Christ is not salt and light, the world decays. When men are not passionate about following Jesus and seeking to fulfill the Great Commission, their families lose spiritual interest, unreached people groups around the world go unadopted, human trafficking increases, unsaved souls with a desire to lead decide to ‘play God’ with others lives, etc.
Men in the church in America today– often including those in leadership- have largely been weak and wishy-washy. Many men I know can quote all kinds of verses and even historical precedents, yet they are sluggish, overweight, often beset by avoidable diseases through proper diet and exercise, uninvolved in their children’s affairs such as attending school board meetings, etc. They sit in front of their TVs and watch pro sports while conservative and patriotic principles are denigrated by sportscasters and in commercials right in front of them. Until Covid, many professing male Christians spent endless sums of money on entertainment and other capricious hobbies failing to take seriously the need to help save their communities and even our exceptional Republic. And worst of all, many did not even vote! They sat in their easy chairs listening to the CCP-tainted mainstream media tell us how terrible Donald Trump and his constituency were, and somehow reasoned that if Trump were the ‘horrible racist’ these paid talking heads said he was, maybe they shouldn’t vote at all- or worse yet, voted for Joe Biden, ignoring all the warning signs of his compromise with foreign governments, particularly those who hate true Americans and our Constitutional form of Government. And now as Kim Klacik claims, fully 33% of Hispanic voters and 25% of Blacks have buyer’s remorse over having voted for good-ol’ China Joe and his absentee sidekick, Kamala Harris- Harris, who it is rumored several weeks ago laid a wreath at the site of the Viet Cong antiaircraft battery that shot down John McCain’s plane in the late ‘60s! .
OK, as promised, here is the basic problem and what we need to do. As Sun Tzu stated it was critical to know both one’s enemy as well as themselves. So the enemy first: a significant number of the ultra wealthy are ‘playing God’ with the rest of us. Their plan is to continue to take away our freedoms while they censor and ‘vaccinate’ us into oblivion. Their goal is to wipe out billions of people and take control of the remainder and use the majority of the world’s resources on themselves. It doesn’t take a genius to see that something is very wrong on a number of levels in both America and the world today. I never thought I would see these but here is a quick run down– (no pun intended!)
- Joe Biden- supposedly the greatest leader of the free world as America’s President, yet a complete incoherent embarrassment to the American Presidency, the absolute antithesis of Donald Trump
- Egregious withdrawal from Afghanistan- American soldiers killed, citizens abandoned and even hampered from leaving by our own State Department, Afghani allies abandoned and slaughtered by the Taliban, $85 trillion in military supplies left in Taliban, Iranian and Chinese hands, etc.
- Southern border overrun by tens of thousands of unvetted illegals while Dem administration shows no concern for American tax payers or about the diseases being brought into the country by this literal invasion, or any concern for the kids at the border suffering with little attention given to their most basic needs.
- A totally AWOL Vice-president
- A $3.5+ trillion spending package that will do virtually nothing for the average tax paying American except to strengthen our enemies and possibly crash our economy
- Farmers ordered to destroy their crops so we can face a food shortage this winter
- Little confidence in our elections as our most sacred political right of having a say in our government is consistently being denied us- us, We the People…
- Churches closed and threatened with fines, congregants told to wear masks and not to sing
- The insanity of toying with the idea of defunding our police, WOKE-ing our military, introducing CRT in our classrooms, masking and jabbing our children with ‘vaccines’ that contain graphene oxide, a poison even recognized by the FDA!
- Equating the Protest at the Capitol on Jan 6 this year with the 911 attacks against the World Trade Center, which is utterly insane. For it to come from George W.’s mouth is revealing just who is all involved in this convoluted global scheme, with patriots under his own administration now locked up in DC without due process for just being there that day!
- First and Second Amendment rights are being threatened as never before.
- And there is much, much more involving the fact that doctors have just testified before the FDA that about 150,000 deaths are now attributable to the ‘jabs’; thus twice as many as are dying from the ‘vaccines’ as the Covid variant itself! (This resulted in the FDA rejecting the use of a third booster- a small victory but important one nonetheless.) And we could go on for pages about blue state cities’ rise in crime, most blacks killed by other blacks- not police officers, failed energy programs, foreign collusion in our voting, etc. …
So why do anything if the end is coming? Well this is the good news- I firmly believe we can and should push ourselves back from the edge of the Great Tribulation with God’s help. It doesn’t have to go down this way on our watch! Eph 3:20 states- “Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to His power that is at work within us.” In other words, we get to play a major role to a large degree in our own destiny!
What to do?
- Recognize there is a problem and complaining but doing nothing will guarantee loss of our freedoms and in many cases our own lives
- Wake up, (con)’fess up, pray up, join up, and take your position up against this tyranny.
- Get informed– listen to Epoch Times, One America News, Rumble, or some other conservative news source. None are perfectly without bias, but are far better than the incessant lies and vitriol coming out CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, etc. Fox is a mixed bag of good and bad, which brings me to my next point.
- I like nearly all of Epoch Times, Dan Bongino, Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Dennis Prager, Steve Hilton, L. Lin Wood, Tom Fitton and Candace Owens for various news updates and commentaries. I like Intercessors for America (Dave Kubal) for updates and available prayer line, Amanda Grace, Chris Yoon, and sometimes Robin Bullock and others for prophetic commentary.
- I would say joining a conservative group that is active would be great- talk with others, post your concerns, be willing to make your voice heard with absolutely no concern for the brain-washed socialist/facists who might think to insult you for the Name of Christ or your patriotism to the greatest country on earth! Accept their deranged response as a badge of honor! Check out and join one of more of the following, though there are many more out there.
- ACT! for America actforamerica.org
- The America Project TheAmericaProject.org
- The Patriot Street Fighter scottmckay.us
- The Election Integrity Project electionintegrity.us
People in these groups are often fellow believers already, or at the very least ones who share our common conservative values. Recognize that it is a communist (also facist- the two are not far apart) strategy to divide us by race, age, economic status, gender issues, etc. in order to weaken America, make false promises the tyrants in power never intend to keep while taking authoritarian control. The CCP of China has been very active along with Fauci, Gates, Soros, and other members of the ‘global elite’ in seeking to brainwash and dominate us with their wicked, Satanic schemes. Communism and Facism only produce disorder and death. Only those at the top enjoy the temporary pleasures of this world in abundance prior to being condemned to hell. (James 3:14-16, 5:1-6)
Some would argue that it is best to erase borders and ‘live as one, happy human family.’ Such thinking is foolish naivety and will never happen on the earth except under what I described previously- the direct Reign of the world by the glorified Jesus Christ out of Jerusalem at His Second Coming. “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 (emphasis added)
Those attempting to enslave us and eliminate all opposition to them are well organized, extremely well-funded, possessing firepower on a number of levels, and in charge of much of the media and cyberspace. We patriots have much less in these regards, but the exceptionally good news is that God is on our side! How do I know this? Because God is a God of holiness and righteousness and justice, and yet joins Himself to the humble who revere Him. “Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you.” Psalm 89:14
See also Deut 10:17, Isaiah 57:15, II Chron 16:9, Matt 11:28-30, and of course II Chron 7:14- why would God give us this last verse in particular if He didn’t intend for us to use it?
Now for all those people who believe that we should just ignore anything related to politics I ask you this:
- Has allowed us as a country to be in covenant relationship with Him,
- Have the example of the Black Robe Regiment in our founding
- Given us the ability to elect officials to represent us well, and when they don’t to recall them
- Commanded us to defend our families and ourselves from lawless elements when the police might not be available, and also from our own government should elected officials become so tyrannical
- Under Donald Trump emboldened us to stand against abortion and affirmed the value of every child coming into the world as a gift of God
- Under “45” enabled us to side with Israel against her enemies while affirming Jerusalem as its capital
- Allowed for the putting into place fabulous functional peace plans in many parts of the world so much so that our 45th President had at least 4 Peace Prize nominations…. and respect from many world leaders!
- Made us willing to take a stand against tyranny from other countries- mostly ruled by atheist dictators or oligarchies or radical Islamicists
- Gave us the desire and obligation to take care of not only our families but our neighbors- orphans, those on reservations and children in other countries to future generations
- The obligation to care for the widow and the orphan- to intervene against Satanic child molesters and murderers- all egregious human trafficking
Did not our Founding Fathers quote from Hebrews 11, that ‘sacred Hall of Faith’ chapter regarding men they considered to be inspirational heroes, men who fought and built walls when necessary and not ‘bridges’ to evildoers:
32 “And what more shall I say? I do not have time to tell about Gideon, Barak, Samson and Jephthah, about David and Samuel and the prophets, 33 who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies.” Heb 11:32-34
Did not Paul say to the Corinthians, “Do not become the slaves of men” I Cor 7:23? Are we not to be the “slaves” of Christ, primarily ministering to those who are open to being saved, and at least keeping one foot in the world so that we are not letting everything collapse on our watch?
I will close with an illustration that happened a few weeks ago. A brother in the men’s group I attend- let’s just call him ‘Ray’ – not his real name but an example of one I feel epitomizes the ‘not of this world’ Christian man’s mentality. I asked him, “Are you going to vote for the recall of Gavin Newsom (clearly- in terms of tyranny and self-interest- he would be about the equivalent of a Joe Biden but in the role of CA state governor) and ‘Ray’ said, “I don’t know- I just want to do what God wants me to do.”
I accepted that as an honest answer from him but further stated- that with the opportunity we have to take part in our government, to realize that WE the People ARE the government, that we elect people (why it is so critical we have fair and honest elections, and the rest I did not say but easily could have), that without people who desire honesty and integrity and purity- as much as expanding God’s Kingdom on earth is possible and inasmuch as Jesus stated in Luke 17:21 “the Kingdom of God is within you”- then wouldn’t you rather- given the choice- be able to worship freely with other believers, travel freely to other countries on missions trips, speak freely without having your speech attacked or your social media posts deleted- wouldn’t you rather have this freedom to do good without fear of being ‘discovered’ or imprisoned or executed? Because if you and so many others like you do nothing when our Judeo Christian heritage and glorious Republic are under attack- do you one day want to say to your kids and grandkids– ‘I am SO sorry- we….I … really should have done something to give you young ones a future and a hope… by the way, are you identifying as a little boy …or a little girl, today?” And where is that long pronoun list I have to memorize for your teacher and school administrator??
So BASTA! This is Spanish for Enough! Enough is enough! Know that a large portion of the Hispanic, Vietnamese, Filipino and other communities are uniting to confront this pernicious lie about conservatives being ‘racists’. It’s time to armor up (Eph 6) and be ready to do what you must for both God and country. It is not ‘unspiritual’ to defend the Constitution- which is truly based on Biblical values- from all enemies foreign and domestic.
Let’s not be ‘useful idiots’, as Stalin called those in Russia who didn’t really support him but didn’t oppose him either. Christians who talk about avoiding politics like they are somehow ‘above’ this world and that they are so loyal to God that they can’t support this beloved country that has given them unprecedented freedom like no other country on the earth are, in my opinion, useful idiots to Satan and his tyrannical schemes. We must take a side! The greatest generation before us did, and I’m sure they had no regrets. May we at least have the courage to follow in their footsteps by taking action on our own soil and leaving a legacy for generations to come!
A few resources to check out though the number of them continues to (thankfully) proliferate daily.
“Here’s hoping that even in today’s divided world, we can somehow come to a reasonable conclusion about ‘what is right in the sight of all men’. Could we simply start with ‘Lies are wrong and we deserve to be told the truth.’ Secondly, ‘All human trafficking is wrong and evil, and far too much of it is going on right now, especially at our southern U.S. border.’ Then ‘From the way things on earth and in the universe look and work, there sure appears to be a Creator/Designer!’ Lastly, ‘I am not offended by anyone calling on God from a sincere heart to help make things RIGHT in our world, especially in America right now. Are you?’”